Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm starting to get together all our stuff for our plans for memorial day weekend. We're going camping at French Creek State Park (http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/frenchcreek.aspx). I'm excited to go out camping again..we had so much fun last year. I need to run out this weekend and get an excersize pen for Ladybird, as well as a new cooler. Apparently, when I left the cooler outside last fall to drain and dry, the children thought it would be fun to fill it with grass. When I went to the shed to get it out, it was filled with rotten grass-sludge. I tried several rounds of bleach, but I CANNOT get the stench of rotten vegitation out of the plastic....sigh. Since we have a couple pretty long trip planned this weekend, I'm looking at something like this (http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2246929) which is big, and says it can retain ice for 5 days. I also want to get a compass, since French Creek has a large orientation course. I used to do orientation in high school, and it was a lot of fun..I think the family can have fun wandering through the woods with me :-). I got Matt's fishing licence today, so he can spend as much time as he wants fishing on the trip.

Still working on getting the last of the stuff packed for the move. Matt helped me get the tread mill and large cedar chest downstairs last night. I'm going to start on the utility room this afternoon, and hopefully get another carload of stuff down this saturday when I go to meet the cable guys who are coming to hook up our cable/internet/phone. I got our new furniture ordered (our current livingroom set will not fit in the apartment well)...so things are coming together.

3 Comments:

At 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, your trip sounds so wonderful! Camping is so fun (except when it rains LOL).

Have you ever tried letterboxing with Sara? It is so fun... I bet you would love it! www.letterboxing.org

Take lots of pictures! :o)

Jen

P.S.- I'm thinking of getting one of those cloth-sided ex-pens for my dogs. Have you heard much about them? What type did you get for Ladybird? I have Nelson's old ex-pen but it is SO HEAVY. I need to replace it with something lighter...

 
At 12:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.P.S- the smell of rotting grass sludge is totally gross and I understand the need for a new cooler LOL. Yuck-o!

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger gryphonkessira said...

I bought one of the wire midwest x-pens at petsmart...but my only choices for height were 24" or 48". The 48 looked way too big, so I got the 24" high one...here's hoping she can't get out of it lol. (I have the reciept saved just in case).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home