Monday, May 11, 2009

I can't believe it has been 2 months since my last post...well, I can, I guess. The past few months have been insanely busy! Our big news: about a month ago we decided to move. Matt works in Baltimore, so that gives him about a 3 hour commute daily. After 4 years, it's just gotten to be too much. Plus, looking at our finances, we realized we could be saving a LOT of money if we downsized our housing. So, we're picking up and moving to scenic Reisterstown, MD. It's only about 40 minutes south of here, but it's 25 minutes from where Matt works. We're renting a lovely apartment (though downgrading from 3000 sf to 1200 sf means I have a LOT of stuff to sort through and get rid of). The place has a very nice pool and playground for Sara, and is extremely pet-friendly (it has a dogpark, which I will have to check out before I bring Ladybird...I've heard a lot of small-dog horror stories about dog parks, and at a whopping 4 lbs she just barely qualifies as a dog and not a dust bunny lol).

So I have been running around like a crazy person trying to get ready to move (we're officially moving out somewhere around the 20th of june), plus I'm still working, keeping house and trying to help Sara with the last of her school-work before summer starts. She just finished up her science fair project (her topic was "Do cats have a paw preference (ie are they right or left "handed" like people?)). She got an A+...though in true cat nature, none of the four cats we tested cooperated very much :-).

As for my art, I am sad to say I will have to pack up the glass studio, for now. There is a place I can rent torch time in baltimore, so I can still go and bead every once in awhile, but I'm going to focus more on jewelry-making for the time being, because it is a lot more space-friendly. I'm keeping my kiln and supplies (they don't take up THAT much room) and hopefully down the road I'll have a studio again.

4 Comments:

At 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to hear from you! I've been missing your blog posts. :o)How exciting about the move!!

I'm so glad you're going to keep up with your jewelry... it is so nice... and speaking of which, you do commissions-? I'm looking for a long necklace, and haven't found one in the stores... your post made me think, "Ask Mel!"

 
At 3:30 PM , Blogger gryphonkessira said...

I sure do, Jen..just let me know what length you are looking for, and what color(s) you prefer, plus anything else you can think of. I'll do a couple mock-ups and send you pics.

 
At 12:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am so excited!!

I'm looking for a long necklace to wear for work... maybe 18"? Browns, tans, off-whites. Any type of bead is fine (although I'm not much into the wooden tribal bead look)- but shells, rocks, anything like that is fine. :o) You are the artist... I will leave it up to you! :o)

I am so excited Mel!

Jen

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger gryphonkessira said...

OK, I'll do up a few things and send you pics...I always love an excuse to head down to the bead store!! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home