Thursday, January 22, 2009

Well, I'm a few weeks late in my New Year's Resolution to start blogging again, but better late than never. I'm moving over here from livejournal, so we'll see how it goes.

Now that Sara is back in school after Christmas break, I FINALLY have some time to work on my jewelry again. I've gotten a couple pieces done that I'm quite proud of, I just need to get some decent photos of them now. I really want to get back into the studio and do some glasswork, but we had a cold snap this week..and since (with the vent on and the window open for make-up-air) my studio is the same temperature as the air outside, I go into the studio and turn right back out :-). Well, spring can't be THAT far away, can it?

In other new, I happen to be at PetSmart the other day, just browsing and I ended up picking up a copy of DOGS USA (which I haven't read in years). Browsing through it, I noticed there were quite a few ads in the back for French Bulldog kennels Growing up my dream was to own a frenchie, and I may get one someday (Though right now, Matt, Sara and I try to go walking as often as we can which means a couple miles in state parks in the summer...something I don't think a frenchie could handle in the heat we see here). Anyhow, I went over to the AKC website, and was surprised to see Frenchies have movied up in the populatity rankings quite a bit in the past decade. (http://www.akc.org/reg/dogreg_stats.cfm). There's a big 4-day dog show here in York in mid-March I want to go to, though I've learned that if I want to be able to go and enjoy myself, Matt and Sara stay home (for some reason they get bored and figity watching dogs run in circles for hours). My big goal this summer is to do at least some obediance training with our two pups.... at 6 and 11 pounds respectively, it's not the disaster that an untrained rottie or great dane can be, but I really should have done it with them when they were younger, and it's something I enjoy doing. Plus, Matt wants them to know at least basic commands, which I think is reasonable.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad to read your new blog. It's so fun to keep up this way. Can't wait to see pics of your beads and jewelry!

Tell Matt, Sara and the critters i said hi. :o)

Jen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home