It's been a very merry Christmas! Santa was very good to us this year! Sara got a slew of toys, which should keep her happy for awhile. I got gift certificates to my favorite jewelry websites. So, I bought everything I'll need to set up a basic metalsmithing and enameling workshop. I've been putting together my list for weeks now lol. Now, I just have to find somewhere to set it up! My current Jewelry table is an old nightstand with a scrap piece of countertop screwed onto it. I have a large ceramic tile on it for working clay, and a stacking storage cube to hold my tools and beads. But there is no room in this set up for all the stuff I've bought for this new setup. Plus, since I'll be using a mini-torch for soldering and enameling, I need somewhere that is fairly fire-retardent. Ug, I really look forward to the day when I can have a dedicated room for my studio again. I have a notebook I keep with me that I use to jot down ideas and inspirations for new pieces and I'm hoping that my jewelry orders slow down enough that I have some time to practice with my new toys for a bit!!! Now the hard part, waiting for everything to arrive in the mail!
Sunday, December 26, 2010
- Name: gryphonkessira
- Location: York, PA
I live in beautiful southern PA with my wonderful husband, and our precocious daughter. We share our home with our dog, 3 cats, and a rabbit (only my husband keeps our animal population under control :-) ). In the spare time I have off of being a work-at-home mom, I love working in my glass studio, making jewelry, taking walks with the dogs and family, and reading.
- Also, check out my new Art Blog, Treasured Toad De...
- First Camping trip of the year! Matt, Sara and I h...
- New Year, New Toys So with the gift certificates ...
- It's been a very merry Christmas! Santa was very g...
- I am SO bad at updating these things sometimes. In...
- As promised, now that I've found the cord to mom's...
- Holy crap, a month and a half! In my defense, I've...
- Well, busy few weeks to start March off. I took my...
- Random Pic of ladybird looking cute on our bed. ...
- This was a very nice week. Mom and Bob were out of...
- January 2009
- February 2009
- March 2009
- May 2009
- June 2009
- July 2009
- September 2009
- October 2009
- November 2009
- December 2009
- February 2010
- March 2010
- April 2010
- November 2010
- December 2010
- January 2011
- June 2011
- Current Posts