Monday, November 16, 2009

Random musings.

Here are pics of Sara's school halloween parade and her costume on Haloween night (yes, I know I'm almost a month late).



It has been such a busy week (still)...don't think I'm going to make the craft show, since I have had NO time to work on any stock. I think I'm just going to wait till school is over and I can stock up for the spring craft shows.
Over the weekend I did mange to do something I've been wating to do for awhile, I cooked a lamb roast. I haven't ever tried or cooked lamb, but I've wanted to for quite some time. I found a nice recipie on foodnetwork.com..roast lamb with sour cherry sauce. I also made (ok, I cooked up a premade mix) of Basmati Rice Pilaf. The lamb came out really well, but it has a very distinct flavor. Honestly I much prefer beef, so this will most likely be our last lamb. The rice was good (it's made with dried fruit, veggies and mixed nuts), if just a tad spicy. But, at least I can cross it off my list of things I want to try someday.

2 Comments:

At 8:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! Looks like Sara had fun. Hope she got lots of yummy candy.

Congrats on the lamb! Cooking is really, really hard... I just can't get into it (although I love watching Iron Chef, lol). Can you send some of your cooking mojo my way? :o)

Jen

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger gryphonkessira said...

I love just about EVERYTHING on food network lol. Matt and I always watch Iron Chef (I really like the original better than the american version)..but it always makes you so HUNGRY to watch!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home