Thursday, September 17, 2009

The truth about kittens.....

So my mother runs a cat rescue group called wayward paws (www.waywardpaws.org). A few weeks ago she got a group of three kittens who were very young, and needed round-the-clock-care. So, since she's working, driving out to see grandpa at the nursing home everyday, and generally running around like a chicken with her head cut off, I volunteered to take care of them. The first week was rough...we had to bottle feed them every two hours around the clock. Plus, while cats are very tidy and clean creatures, young kittns poop on everything, including themselves..so we were scrubbing poop off them several times a day, too. They're down to a few bottles a day, supplimented by canned food ( which stinks, and makes their poo stink, too). I don't remember where I read it, but I remember hearing somewhere that young animals are cute because otherwise their parents wouldn't put all the effort into taking care of their needy-arses. Man, I agree with that! Plus, after seeing how they crod and bite and claw at my hands and bottle at feeding time, I have decided that the worst job in the world is to be a mother cat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home