Sunday, September 06, 2009

Big Ol' Update



I know it has been a long time since I posted. In my defense, we moved up to NY and just got our internet up and running this week. Matt has started school, and I'm still in the process of looking for a job. Luckily we FINALLY started getting unemployement, so that's helping a lot.


Here are a few pics from our camping trip on August 8-10 at buttermilk falls in Ithica. We had to cancell 2 of our planed trips after Matt lost his job, so once we got up here and unpacked I figured we'd do one small trip before the summer ended. The campground was very nice, though the campsites were far off on one side of the park so we had to drive to get to the swimming areas and walking trails...plus a few of the access roads to get deeper into the park were gated off, so we couln't get to the remote trails we wanted to do.


The swimming area is the coolest part of the park..it's a man-made pool, cut from the shale under the Buttermilk falls.






And this last picture is of some flowers we saw along one of our walks..they were very pretty and EVERYWHERE.

I'll have to see if mom can ID them for me.
I had a bunch more pictures of the trip, but I had to delete them, because we couln't find the camera cord to transfer them to the computer, and we needed free space for the pics of our state fair trip (which I will put up in the next post).
My next goal is to get all my new jewelry photoed and my etsy store back up and running.

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mel!

It was so awesome to see you, Matt, and Sarah this weekend- and meet Ladybird and Bawa too. :o) We had a great time.

Jen

P.S.-I've heard great things about Buttermilk, glad you had a nice camping trip!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home